Meet Your Smile Team
“Because of Your Smile, You Make life more beautiful”
Meet Dr. Richard Christensen
Dr. Christensen is an American Board of Orthodontics Certified Orthodontist who has been providing the highest level of orthodontic care and TMJ related treatment available to the residents of Yakima, Washington and the surrounding areas since 1991. In addition to Dental School and his Residencies in Orthodontics and Hospital Dentistry, Dr. Christensen has received advanced education and certification from The Roth/Williams Center, which teaches the most advanced training in Functional Occlusion and TMJ centered orthodontics available in the world of orthodontics. He has also received the highest level of training and education in “Bioesthetic Dentistry” – allowing him to rebuild worn and damaged teeth to biologic ideals yielding healthy and beautiful results.
Dr. Richard Christensen is an honorary member of:
Outside the Office
Dr. Christensen and his wife have been married for 36 years. They have been blessed with four children and five grandchildren. When he’s not in the practice or spending time with his family, Dr. Christensen enjoys motorcycles, flying, golf, shooting, mountaineering, and snow skiing. He is also active in the community as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and as an Eagle Scout, Adult Leader, and Woodbadge-trained member of the Boy Scouts of America.
Education & Training
– Brigham Young University
– Bachelor of Science Degree, 1983 University of Washington School of Dentistry
– Doctorate of Dental Surgery, 1987 Hospital General Dental Residency
– University Hospital Systems, Seattle, Washington. 1988 The Ohio State University School of Dentistry, Department of Orthodontics
– Master of Science and Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, 1991 Roth/Williams Center
– Advanced Orthodontics and Occlusion Course Certificate, 1998 OBI Bioesthetic Dentistry – Level IV, 2014
Orthodontic Lab Technician